- Dutton Bits and Spurs
- Angled Square Port for Palate Pressure, thus encourages a horse to flex vertically (i.e. break at the poll)
- Ridges in the twisted wire bars motivate horses to not brace against the rider's hands.
- Copper Rings promote salivation in the mouth, enhancing the taste of the bit to a horse as well as a horse that is nervous can roll this rings in its mouth for relief
- There is four moving parts to this bit, both shankes move as well as the port moves where it is double jointed to the bars of the bit
- This Short Shank Bit design has a 2.5" purchase, 3.5" shank and a 6.5" cheek
- The bars of this bit are angled for mullen relief that makes a bit to sit comfortably in a horses mouth
This Square Port bit has a slight angle on the port to lay nicely in a horse's mouth, that way the port is not exsuding palate pressure unless leverage is applied to the shanks of the bit. Ridges in the twisted wire bars motivate horses to not brace against the rider's hands.This bit would be great for a seasoned rope horse that you need to "hold" in the box by the angle on the port and smooth bar mouthpiece will rest nicely in a horse's mouth. The square edges on this port is more pressure than that of a rounded port, thus encouraging a horse to flex vertically at the poll.
No reviews have been written for this product.
Be the first one! –
Write a Review